You’ll find that with each travel excursion you’ll need checklists. And more checklists. Each trip gets a standard checklist & a relative one.
A short weekend trip to Niagra falls doesn’t require a passport, or does it. You may want to go into Canada to see the Falls from the other side. You checklist would have covered this.
You want to fly to vegas for the weekend. break out the checklists. First, book a flight. You live in a time when you can now book flight from the comfort of you own home. Book online. Try every site at least once throughout the year. I like to find out of the way consolidator sites. They tend to have cheaper fares because the buy in bulk. the beauty of these sites is, not only are they cheap, they are like have a hidden travel treasure. Sites like http://lowairfares.com or http://aironsale.com have great names that say exactly what they do.
This is an example of why you need to use multiple sites to find airfare. Fares vary from hour to hour and it’s a competative business. That’s good for us.
So here’s my cheap airfare checklist:
* Choose a destination. * Get to a computer & get online. * Go to any search engine & type in “cheap airfare.” * look through the results & choose 10 sites. Bookmark all 10, organize in travel folder. You don’t have to use all ten right away. Just have the reference available for future use. * get 5 quotes for your proposed flight from 5 different sites. (3 major names, and 2 minor consolidators) * choose your best fare. * if you are not in rush, keep looking. Fares change hourly.
Below is a generic Travel checklist. Modify this list to your pesonal needs. Modify it to your types of travel.
* Passport * Visa if needed * Health Documentation * Transportation Tickets * Frequent Flyer Cards * Emergency Information * Insurance * Hotel Reservations * Traveler’s Checks * Currency (both local and American) * Credit Cards * Guide Books and Maps (X) * Trip Cancellation/ Medical
* Copies of Passport, ID and Documents * Special Event Reservations
* Main Travel Bag (Duffle/Luggage, etc.) * Packing Accessories (clothes, small stuff and toiletries) * Security (Passport carrier, luggage locks/ tags) * Document Organizer * Everyday Bag
* Travel Clothing * Raincoat/ Umbrella * Travel Footwear * Visor or Brimmed Hat * Camera, binoculars (scopes) (X) * Radiation Shield for Film * Video Camera, Tapes * CD/ Cassette Player * Electric/ Phone Converters * Travel Alarms * Language Books * Reading Materials * Address Book * Travel Journal * Pen/ Pencil * Scarf/ Bandana * Games/ Playing Cards * Snacks * Hand Sanitizer/ Towlettes * Travel Neck Pillow * Eye Shade/ Ear Plugs * Portable Door Lock * Tissues/ Toilet Paper * Keys
* Flashlight Batteries/ Bulbs (X) * Matches or Lighter (X) * Extra Batteries * Sewing/ Repair Kit * Duct Tape * Travel Iron or Steamer * Sink Stopper for Hotel Sinks * Zip-Close Plastic Bags
* Travel Health Booklet * Pain Reliever/ Aspirin (X) * Cold Medicine (X) * Contact Lens Items * Diarrhea Medicine * Motion Sickness Medicine * Laxative * Insect Protection (X) * Sun Protection (X) * Antibiotic Cream * Malaria Medication * Personal Hygiene Items * Personal Prescriptions